In this episode of our popular OT-V series we are discussing community accessibility. The following video discusses the important things to consider when someone with a mobility impairment arrives to a home or building to realize that they may need help to enter.
The following items to consider will help to ensure a safer and easier entrance.
• Understand the type of device you are using and its abilities and limitations
• Understand your own physical abilities
• Identify and assess the help you have available
• Seek out all available entrances and entrance types to select which one best suits your mobility aid or device
• Assess the size of the door you need to enter and what you will encounter upon entry
Watch the video to learn more about accessibility and the solutions available.